What is New in CodeIgniter 4?
CodeIgniter is an Application Development Framework – a toolkit – for folks who build internet sites using PHP. Its purpose is to permit you to expand projects much quicker than you may if you had been writing code from scratch, via presenting a rich set of libraries for typically wanted tasks, as well as an easy interface and logical shape to access these libraries. CodeIgniter helps you to creatively focus on your project by way of minimizing the quantity of code wished for a given task.
Where possible, CodeIgniter has been saved as flexible as possible, allowing you to work in the way you want, no longer being compelled into running any certain manner. The framework may have core parts easily prolonged or completely changed to make system work the way you want it to. In short, CodeIgniter is the malleable framework that attempts to offer the tools you want even as staying out of the way.
Key Features of CodeIgniter:
- CI is an MVC framework with a small footprint.
- You want extraordinary performance.
- It require a framework that nearly requires zero configurations.
- User need a framework that doesn’t require you to use the command line.
- You need a framework that doesn’t require you to stick to restrictive coding rules.
- User aren’t interested by large-scale monolithic libraries like PEAR.
- You do not need to be compelled to study a templating language (although a template parser is alternatively accessible if you desire one).
- It eschew complexity, preferring straightforward solutions.
- User want clear, exhaustive documentation.
Features of CodeIgniter 4:
- The previous variations of Codeigniter are primarily based on PHP 5.6 or lower but the Codeigniter 4 could be featured with PHP 7.2 capability and compatibility.
- It required the *intl* extension of PHP established on the server.
- If we would really like to apply CURLRequest, we will need lib curl installed.
- Supported databases are:
- MySQL (5.1+) through the MySQLi driver
- PostgreSQL through the Postgre driver
- SqLite3 through the SQLite3 driver
- CodeIgniter 4 also can be used with command-line programs. As in line with the ultra-modern trend, maximum of the frameworks provide CLI usability and library. Since Codeigniter 4 the framework will also be imparting CLI interfaces for distinct purposes.
- The following PHP extensions ought to be enabled to your server:
- If you want to apply CURLRequest in your Codeigniter application, you will need to install libcurl.
- The framework currently support for a public folder, meant as the document root on your application.
- Hooks in Codeigniter are a superb characteristic in is kept and upgrade as well.